Saturday, November 20, 2010

Can You Steam Oysters in a Pressure Cooker And Other Chef Questions

Can you steam oysters in a pressure cooker?  No.  Well, no for me anyway.  After searching through the manuals for both of 
my pressure cookers and through many thoughtful (ha!) articles online, I conclude the answer for us is;  no pressure cook the oyster.  We steamed them over the grill instead which was wonderful. Except, when we go to Barnacle Bill's the barrista (oysterista?) shucks them for us.  Fast.  Over the grill is a different story.  A sloooowww story.  We got more hungry the more we ate because the faster we ate the slower it got.  So, we either eat at Barnacle Bill's or, well, there is no or.  I enjoyed the B-B-Q experience and I'm done.  Let someone else shuck them.







Next; how to fillet and cook Sheepshead.  Not as simple as you'd think.

2 comments: